The Grapevine timeXchange
The mission of the Grapevine timeXchange is to strengthen the fabric of our community. Establishing trusting relationships and bringing the community together will help meet the needs of all its citizens. Each person has talents to share, and our community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. We want to empower our neighbors to re-evaluate their notions of "worth" and to inspire reciprocity, community, and respect through the sharing of our greatest natural resources, our time and spirit.
We recognize that each person has value, and that the overall community is strengthened when we help each other. For every hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn a time credit for the exchange. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others, and the cycle of giving continue.
Hour by hour, day by day
Building a better way to pay.
Equal hours, yours and mine
Exchanging through the Grapevine!
TWIIIn the News!
Welcome to our New Erie Members!
videovWe are so happy to welcome the Erie Time Bank as a new 'hub' of the Grapevine timeXchange! Erie members have been steadily joining our group, so please make them feel welcomed by exchanging services with them if you are able. Many of our North East members work in Erie, so why not expand your horizons by exchanging services with our new Erie members? Welcome aboard!
These little helpers are displaying our 'Chain of Exchanges,' representing the 398 exchanges our members made in 2012. Reading the messages on the chains gives us an idea about how many services were shared between members. Here's to adding to this chain in 2013!
Pot Lucks Rock!
After almost a year in operation, we have come to value the importance of our monthly Pot Luck Dinners. Connections are made, friendships are nurtured, and the food is AWESOME! We hold our Pot Lucks on the 10th of every month. They are held at Park United Methodist Church on North Lake Street from October through May, and at Freeport Beach from June through September. Bring the family, bring a friend, bring a dish to share and your own table service! Remember, you earn 1 time credit for bringing a dish, and 1 for bringing a friend.
Getting Started with our timeXchange:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile.
- Attend an orientation or complete an online orientation.
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the timeXchange:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicated with a neighbor and determined a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.